My remake has the following:
- All original cars
- Modern track editor that is data-identical to the original
- All original track bits created to closely resemble the original
- Replay save/load/playback functionality
- 'Fun' physics that are predictable and highly playable
- Penalty times for taking excessive shortcuts
- Modern graphics rendering with some throwbacks to the original
Not everything is there:
- No AI drivers
I get asked the status of this remake every now and again, and really it just comes down to one point. I'm unsure if I should do the final touches and release this due to any possible legal issues. I love stunts, I love the original, I spent a huge number of hours creating a remake, but its not my game.
I don't really know where to go from here.